- To provide direct care, sanctuary, veterinary care, triage, a wild life hospital and other services, as well as, long and short-term care for all animals in need of protection - including those animals which are sick, injured, stray, orphaned, abandoned, neglected or which have suffered from mistreatment or cruelty.
- To aid in the recovery of sick or injured native wildlife and all other animals.
- To relocate rehabilitated animals into suitable permanent homes, or in the case of wildlife, to release the rehabilitated animals into a suitable bushland environment.
- To maintain a skilled and specialised animal emergency rescue service for the South Eastern suburbs, Mornington Peninsula and surrounding suburbs.
- To help other animal shelters by sharing volunteers, equipment, information and supplies whenever and wherever possible.
- To provide and maintain an education program based on the principles of animal welfare, in addition to a conservation program - both directed towards a variety of ages/groups.
- To develop a gift fund aimed speciﬁcally at raising money from gifts and donations in order to fund equipment, supplies and veterinary costs.
- To provide disaster relief throughout Australia as needed.